Our thoughts go out to those affected by the British Columbia and Northwest Territories wildfires. Please stay safe. We are currently experiencing a high call volume. Remember, you can report a claim any time at 1.800.804.0087.

Johnson will be rebranding to belairdirect to offer an even more seamless customer experience. To learn more, click here.

Here to help protect what matters most

Home Insurance

Whether you rent or own, it’s important to get insurance to protect your residence and belongings.
Choose the right home insurance for you:

Building the perfect plan for you

Our coverage options ensure every corner of your home is protected-from your living room to your garden shed. We'll also put your mind at ease with personal liability insurance and cover for identity theft.

Included in your Home, Condo or Tenant Policy:



Comprehensive Coverage

If your house gets damaged in a way that's mentioned in your policy, we'll cover the costs. We'll also cover your additional living expenses if you have to move out temporarily during repairs after an insured loss.


If someone accidentally gets injured on your property, we’ll help you cover the cost of damages. You can choose between $1 million or $2 million in coverage.


With All-Risk, we don’t just cover your house—we’ll also cover your sheds and garages, and more. Coverage is all risk, meaning you will be covered for loss or damage other than from perils that are specifically excluded. 



Specialty Items

If you have any items in your home that are especially valuable, we’ll cover them. This could include jewellery, art and more.

Identify Theft

Getting your identity stolen could result in financial losses from legal fees, identity restoration fees, and lost wages. So we’ll protect you financially for up to $30,000. 

Why go with Johnson?

On top of working with you to build a quote and policy that’s right for you, we offer these additional perks:

Group discounts

You could save on home insurance by being part of an eligible group. This may include members of academic institutions and other associations.

Home & car bundle

Get both your home and car insured with us for a discount.

24/7 Claims

Whenever you need us, we’ll be here to help. Our fast track claims service lets you file online within minutes and check your claim status, anytime, anywhere.

Additional 50+ plan

If you or your spouse are 50+, you could qualify for extra services: nursing, companion, housekeeping after a hospital stay, and home repair referral services. Available to Homeowner, Condo & Tenant policy holders.

It pays to be prepared

Visit The BlogHouse for helpful home hints

Insurance is just the beginning. We give you the insider knowledge on how to protect your home and prepare for the worst-case scenarios.

Tips on how to protect your home & save:

Maintain Your Home

Keeping your property in tip-top shape protects you against further damage.

Add Extra Coverage

Enhanced water options* cover you against common issues like sewer backup.

Home Security Systems

A security system gives you extra protection, plus you could be eligible for discounts on your insurance.

Have questions? We’re here to answer them

Does my policy cover me for sewer backups?

This is an optional cover that is available in most areas subject to eligibility.

Are there different types of home insurance I can purchase?

Yes. You may want home, condo, tenant, cottage or rental insurance. There are different types of cover available in each category. There are also "add-on" features, depending on your personal circumstances. You'll want to consider how much insurance you need, and the deductible too (your portion of an insured loss), as this will affect your premiums.

Your Service Specialist can help you consider the options and pick the one that's right for you.

How much home insurance coverage do I need?

Your insurance should at least cover:

  • The cost to rebuild your home (often different from its market value—Guaranteed Replacement Cost coverage is available to protect you if the cost to rebuild is underestimated)
  • The cost to replace your personal property
  • Protection against liability claims

Need help?

Your Service Specialist can help you estimate how much coverage you need. They will also help you decide on the type of coverage you need and the deductible (your portion of an insured loss).

Is my deck covered by my home insurance?

Yes, decks which are attached to your home are considered part of your dwelling.

Decks that are not attached are considered additional buildings, which are also covered if they are on your property.

Need more information about COVID-19 and your insurance?

We want you to know that we’re still here to support you!

Read more about our COVID-19 relief efforts and get answers to your most common questions through our COVID-19 page.


Johnson Insurance is a trade name of Johnson Inc. (“JI”), a licensed insurance intermediary, and operates as Johnson Insurance Services in British Columbia and as Johnson Inc. in Manitoba. Outside of Quebec, home and car policies underwritten, and claims handled by Unifund Assurance Company (“UAC”). Described offers are applicable only to policies underwritten by UAC. Car insurance not available in BC, SK or MB. Home and car insurance not available in NU. JI and UAC share common ownership. Eligibility requirements, limitations, exclusions or additional costs may apply, and/or may vary by province or territory.

Visit Johnson Insurance - Quebec for plans available in QC.

*Enhanced water coverage not available in Saskatchewan, Yukon and Northwest Territories.