As a result of the global IT outage we are currently experiencing delays in our ability to serve our customers. Services are being gradually restored and we expect to be fully operational in the next few hours. We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience.

Johnson is rebranding to belairdirect to offer an even more seamless customer experience. To learn more, click here.

Insurance that fits your condo

You can now get a quote online with belairdirect

Discover belairdirect

You can now get a quote online with belairdirect

Discover belairdirect

Condo Insurance

As a condo owner, your insurance needs are special. There are some areas of your home that are covered by your condo corporation, and others that aren't.

It looks like we don’t offer home insurance in your province!

belairdirect is available in most Canadian provinces, but does not offer insurance in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or the territories.

belairdirect is available in most Canadian provinces, but does not offer insurance in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or the territories.

Already a customer?

Existing customers will continue to receive coverage until their policy expiry date.
Read our FAQs

The condo coverage you need

What makes condo insurance different?

Even though your condo is your home, condo insurance and home insurance are very different. Homeowners are responsible for their living space as well as the structure and the property it’s on. With a condo, you only have to insure the interior of your place—the land, building and common areas are often insured by your condo association. However, your insurance policy needs to work with your condo building’s own policies and rules. So, it’s important to get your condo insurance from a company that understands the ins and outs of condo policies.

Why do I need condo insurance?

Condo corporations usually require each unit owner to have a policy in place to cover their personal contents, liability and any improvements they make to their unit. However, your condo corporation will have a policy in place to cover insured losses to the common areas of the building, property and fixtures, wall and floor coverings that were installed during the original construction of the building.

Included in your policy:

  • Personal Property

    Helps pay the costs of repairs or replacement of your contents. Plus, it covers some additional living expenses if you have to temporarily move out

    or find a new home due to damage after an insured loss. Customize the amount of coverage you need.

  • Liability

    We'll help you cover the cost of damages if someone is accidentally injured at your condo or you unintentionally cause injury to someone (at home

    or elsewhere). Choose a coverage amount of $1 million or $2 million.

  • All-Risk

    This may cover potential damages to your property, such as fire, theft and vandalism. We even cover accidental damage by you in many

    circumstances. Coverage is all risk, meaning you will be covered for loss or damage other than from perils that are specifically excluded.

  • Unit Betterments & Improvements

    Coverage for repair or replacement of upgraded items in your condo, such as granite countertops, hardwood flooring, etc.

  • Unit Additional Protection

    Provides additional protection and coverage for damage to your unit if the condo corporation's policy covering the building structure has

    lapsed or is inadequate.

  • Loss Assessment

    This helps cover your costs if you have to pay a share of a claim against the condo corporation—damage to common areas, or if the corporation

    deductible is passed on to condo owners, for example.

  • Specialty Items

    Coverage for any high-value items you may have in your home that are especially valuable, like jewellery or art.

  • Identity Theft

    If your identity is stolen, there could be financial losses to deal with. You could also have legal fees, costs to restore your identity

    or lost wages to consider. Your policy may cover these costs up to a value of $30,000.

Boost your plan with optional coverages

We can personalize your policy to suit your specific needs; from home business insurance to enhanced water protection*. Browse our additional coverage options below.


Johnson Insurance is a trade name of Johnson Inc., a licensed insurance intermediary, and operates as Johnson Insurance Services in British Columbia and as Johnson Inc. in Manitoba. Johnson Inc., belairdirect Agency Inc. and Belair Insurance Company Inc. share common ownership. 

Visit Johnson Insurance - Quebec for plans available in Quebec.

®belairdirect. and ®Little Knight Design are registered trademarks of Belair Insurance Company Inc. We offer car insurance and home insurance in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island and home insurance only in British Columbia. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply to all our offers. Offers may change without notice. Not everyone will qualify for a phone or online quote. Insurance products provided by Belair Insurance Company Inc. Services provided by belairdirect Agency Inc. The group discount will be removed on renewal if the group arrangement ends or you stop being eligible as a group member.